Thursday 27 January 2011

Featured Seller - Artisan Silver

Hello!

As part of this new blog of mine, I thought I would feature some talented makers and artisans.

The very first to be featured is Traceyann from Artisan Silver


My name is Traceyann and I love to live in Sunshine Bay on the Isle of Wight. 
 

What do you make? 
I make vintage fashion jewellery and fine silver jewellery. 

 
Why did you start making jewellery? 
About two years ago. I crushed my hand whilst trying to save some ducklings that were stuck down a hole. The ducklings are now fully grown and living happily at the local hospital duck pond. I needed to find something that would rehabilitate my hand and jewellerymaking was perfect. 

 
When/ how did you start crafting? 
I've been doing arts and crafts for as long as I can remember. I followed my dream to go to art school and then promptly got a job working for the NHS. Reality bites. 


 
When did you start selling your stuff - where do you sell? 
I have been selling for about a year, but its only in the last few months that my sales have really taken off. i am so grateful for the support of my lovely customers. 

 
Do you also have a day job, or is this your main job? 
Gosh - I would love this to be my main job! I work four days a week as a medical secretary. 

 
What do you love about your medium, what do you hate? 
I love the flexibility of precious metal clay, but I hate how it dries out so quickly. 

 
Where do you get your inspiration from? 
We have a huge collection of art books at home and I love walking so I get a lot of ideas from walking along the beach or the coastal path. I like organic designs. 

 
What is your favourite music to craft to? 
Don't laugh - Charles Aznavour. So romantic and an easygoing voice. 


 
What is your favourite piece of your own?
My silver ivy leaf ring. it was my first design with a textured ring shank. I wear one myself and always get positive comments on it. 


 
Where do you do your crafting (specially built studio - sofa??) 
Our spare room has become my little studio with my lovely kiln and a desk covered with projects in progress.


If you haven't checked out Tracyann's shop yet, I would definitely recommend it. Some of the vintage goodies are amazing.  


If you would like to be featured, leave a comment below and I'll come and check out your shop.

23 comments:

  1. What a lovely informative article. Have become a follower and look forward to reading more. Don`t think I`ve see your supply shop before, am popping over for a look, trying to find shoe clips. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canuknitit
    I really enjoy reading how others do their makes and how they find inspiration. Love your banner Red Bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed reading the above post, look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read such an informative featured seller article! You asked over on the folksy forums for people who would be interested in being featured also...Po&Mo crafts would love to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea for a blog... it's really interesting to find out more about other makers. Good questions too.. Look forward to reading more,

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting blog with some great pictures. Lovely to find out more about other Folksy sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed reading this, great to find out about other folksy sellers, especially as I am quite new to folksy. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent interview with one of my fave Folksy sellers. Can't wait to see who you feature next. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to find out a bit more about the lady behind all the wonderful things! I have my eye on a few of Traceyann's owl-themed bits and bobs myself....

    Jenny (Jenny's Bead Box)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea, we can get to know a bit more about other sellers on here.It makes it more interesting,somehow.I would love to be featured on your blog,especially as im not very good at promoting myself.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brill - great questions asked, you really get an insight to Tracey. Fab feature with some gorgeous photos - well done!!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post. I love hearing about how other jewellery designers and makers got started and what inspires them. Looking forward to reading more about other designers.
    Natalia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, lovely feature and an interesting read.
    Its a great way to find out about a maker, what motivates and inspires them.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I concur with the above! Really lovely blog and an interesting read.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bracelet is so beautiful!
    AnnaLouise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toucan Treasures28 January 2011 at 18:24

    hi , this is a great idea i love your bracelet also would love to be featured on your blog kimx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like Artisan Silver's jewellery - its beautifully presented too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I love the Ivy ring and the photo's are all beautiful.Just popped over from Folksy after reading your post, I'd love to be featured in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful blog and I love the bracelet.

    Aunty Joan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - what a great response to this interview. Thanks so much everyone for your interest - I'll be in touch re a blog interview for future posts. And a huge thankyou to TraceyAnn for kickstarting this feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent - a very interesting read, and good for you to feature a seller. Well done all round.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to hear how other sellers work and get their inspiration, lovely concise interview
    (also now following)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. This such a good idea. Well done on the blog.

    ReplyDelete