Monday 14 February 2011

Featured Seller - Po & Mo

This weeks featured seller is Lisa from Po & Mo who make lovely quilted creations.


Tell us a bit about yourself
I'm Lisa, the "Mo" of Po&Mo, and I make everything we sell. I have two daughters, one of whom is the "Po", who works on the techie side of our business, promoting and maintaining our twitter feed and general online presence. We live in Northampton, and are quite new to folksy, and looking to make a name for ourselves! 

What do you make? 
Basically anything. If it can be made with fabric, I will have a go at it. That can be anything from little patchwork hearts to giant quilts. 

Why do you use that medium? 
I'm a frustrated artist! I can't paint well enough to satisfy myself , so I cheat and use other people's fabric designs! 

When/ how did you start crafting? 
It started when my girls were young, and outgrew their baby clothes. The pretty fabric was too nice too waste, and so I used them for patchwork. 


 

When did you start selling your stuff - where do you sell? 
Started a few months ago at my sewing group, and now sell on folksy, and sometimes on eBay too. 

Do you also have a day job, or is this your main job? 
Now my babies (20 & 21) are all grown up, this is my main job, other than maintaining a household and looking after my husband - which can be a lot harder than you'd think! 

What do you love about your medium, what do you hate? 
The colour. There's such a huge variety of fabric out there that anything you make will be a completely unique piece of work. But that's also my hate - it fuels my compulsion to buy more fabric! 

Where do you get your inspiration from? 
Photos, nature, and sometimes just out of thin air. 









What is your favourite music to craft to? 
I have a lot of music that I love. The highlights would probably be Radiohead, The Manic Street Preachers, Keane and David Ford. 

What is your favourite piece of your own? 
I've recently made a bag from some of the husband's old ties, and I absolutely adore it! 



Where do you do your crafting (specially built studio - sofa??) 
Oh for a specially built studio! I'm stuck in my husband's study at my little desk. It does have a nice view of the garden though, where I can watch the birds and hiss at any cats that come and try to beat up the birds!


Thanks Lisa, for taking part. I'm struggling away trying to make a patchwork quilt for my eldest - started in the summer and still not finished.... so I'm always very impressed by people who quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment